UNCCI National Footprint
Uganda National Chamber of Commerce and Industry (UNCCI) is a Company limited by guarantee without share capital, established in 1933 and incorporated as a legal entity on April 20th, 1988 by Ugandan business community (members). UNCCI was formed as a private sector body and has grown to become a vibrant and credible business association, owned by members from the Ugandan business community.
UNCCI is the oldest umbrella organization for the private sector in Uganda with 10 regional offices, 90 district branches and membership of over 10,000.
UNCCI is a vibrant organization focused on enhancing business opportunities locally, regionally and internationally. The Chamber serves the business community through services in; trade and marketing development; training for business knowledge, consultancy, networking and partnership; offers delegated Government services; and advocate for the private sector. The chamber encompasses all private sectors with the bulk being small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs).
UNCCI REGIONAL & DISTRICT CHAMBERS
UNCCI enjoys a diverse membership and nationwide outreach with its 10 regional offices and 90 district branches and draws its membership from the entire private sector, particularly the sectors of; agriculture, trading, construction and engineering, manufacturing, finance and banking, tourism and hospitality, pharmaceuticals, energy, ICT, logistics, transportation, legal services, real estate, equipment and machinery, Small and Medium Enterprises among others.
NATIONAL MANAGEMENT STRUCTURE
REGIONAL MANAGEMENT STRUCTURE
Role of Regional & District chambers
- Advocate cheaper sources of finance
- Lobby for infrastructural development to grow rural industries e.g. higher energy generation to support industry as well as fiber optic connectivity
- Arbitration of business disputes in the region
- UNCCI district offices to bridge the gap between the local government and the business community in the districts
- UNCCI participating in radio programs in partnership with government ministries in Eastern Uganda to promote business activity in their areas.
- District chambers also act as a center for information concerning trading and investment opportunities in their respective districts
- Initiate trade promotion activity such as organizing inter-district business missions, exhibitions, as well as participating in radio programmes
- Capacity-building for value addition- honey and horticulture and management skills
- Training on quality assurance, standardization, basic enterprise management skills
- Facilitate investment promotion in the region
- Avail trade and investment information to members in Districts and beyond to maximize business opportunities
- Assist in recommending business people for travel documents, to explore business opportunities abroad.